Friday, October 07, 2005

Ideas, anyone?


This is the assortment of coffee fabrics that I have collected to make my father-in-law a "coffee" quilt. My FIL and DH are both coffee snobs! And I don't drink the stuff. Love the smell though.

So now what I need is a good manly pattern. This is where you all jump in and say "I have the perfect idea for you, Sarah!" I would love to get this done in time for christmas, actually Thanksgiving. We are headed to Arkansas to see them at Thanksgiving and I would like to take it to him then.

So - everyone think hard and let me know what you come up with!

4 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh Sarah! These will be perfect! Well lets see, you caught me off guard and I'm still at work LATE so a bit brain dead. There is always Turning Twenty or Yellow Brick Road - you can't go wrong with those AND they are fast. Oh another one that would look good I bet is if you do Bonnies Bricks and Stepping Stones with it. Bet that would work really well also.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Love the fabrics. I love the smell of coffee too and that finally convinced me to start drinking it once in a while. With lots of cream. mmmm. My husband, also a coffee snob, says it doesn't taste like real coffee. As far as a pattern goes, I'm stumped. Sorry.

Darcie said...

Sarah,

I can smell your fabrics from here! How cool!

So glad that you appreciate the java's aroma! ;-)

I agree with Dawn's pattern suggestions. I also really like your free form curves. How 'bout chunky, squarish ones like that bright quilt of yours that's down below? Or free form curved: either Roman Stripes; Rail Fence.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do!

Nines said...

101 Rotary cut quilts has a quilt called Scotch plaid that would look good and is very fast. It would be adaptable as a scrappy quilt. Love you! Nina