Monday, May 18, 2009

Ready for the mail man....



I have finally finished the birthday challenge that was due last year on our birthdays. Oops! I changed my mind on this at least 5 or 6 times. My first idea was a folk artsy applique pattern - but then I decided I was kidding myself thinking I would ever get an applique done. Another idea was using some of my hand-dyed fabrics in a sort of amish setting. I got far enough on this one that I was trying to machine quilt it on my little machine. It wasn't turning out well. There were some other ideas thrown in there too but I can't remember them all. I hope Nina's mom likes it. I am sending along some other goodies for her too. I actually made this table runner twice - the first time I used a slightly lighter green and wasn't as thrilled with it - although I do like it. This darker green is better.

I am working on the binding for the green/blue/brown baby quilt. It is sewn onto the front - just need to flip it to the back. Hopefully it will be finished tomorrow.

Only four more days of school! This summer will involve lots of travel. Hopefully I will get to quilt some!


2 comments:

Nines said...

Very cool. i'm sure she'll love it!

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

Yes, I do!!! I do!! Thanks for the lovely runner and other goodies...Wayne says I have people all over the world supporting my habit. Nothin' wrong with that, especially when the spoil is such nice quality!!!