Thursday, October 06, 2005

Another baby quilt

Yes, another baby quilt out of thirties fabrics. They are just so bright and cheerful and hard to resist. I made this one in rows and then sewed the ends together. Does that make any sense? Then I clip open the seam so the blocks are in the right place. Bonnie's streak of lightening directions probably make a lot more sense.
Next week I get to go to Savannah Georgia with my husband for four days. He is going to an architectural conference and I am going just to escape! I have already checked online for quilt stores in the area. If anyone has any recommendations for things I should make sure I do, please let me know. I plan on sleeping late, eating lots of shrimp, hitting some fabric stores, and seeing lots of historic stuff.

I might even take along my featherweight so I can sew in the evenings. I am not much for wandering around a strange town at night by myself and hubby will be occupied till at least 10 every night. I was hoping to get several of these baby quilts quilted so I could take them with me and get the binding on, but I don't think that is going to happen. Unless, of course, the house cleaning fairies show up and whip my house into shape. My entire family is coming to babysit my kids. At first my mom and dad were coming and now my sister and her three kids are coming too! I will have a house full of company and I won't even be here! They are coming a day early so we can go see the Gee's Bend quilt show at the museum.

Speaking of housecleaning, I guess I should go do something useful! Hope everyone got to sew some today.

2 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

Sarah - have a wonderful time! That sounds so wonderful!

Nines said...

I loved Savannah. We stayed in the historical part- the other areas seemed a bit, um, scary. Make sure you ride in a carriage and ask them where to eat. They'll know the good places. There was one little spot call the Pirate's Den or something like that. Very yummy. Have fun and be adventurous. Love you more than Moda dots! Nina