Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February's UFO finish

Just in the nick of time, I made myself finish my February UFO. It has been quilted for over a week - but since I hate do bindings, it sat here, taunting me as the end of the month drew closer! To start the month, the top needed the final borders and then the quilting. As I was putting on the binding this morning, I got around to the fourth side and discovered this little problem!


Oops! Somewhere my math went awry! Easy enough to fix but it added a little time to the job. Now it is finished and my kids can start fighting over who it belongs to!



The kids will also be excited to learn that March's UFO is to make all the pillowcases I have promised them in the past couple of years. I think I have fabric to make each of them at least two pillowcases. Ian even dragged the fabric out of my project drawer a few weeks ago and told me I needed to get busy!

Thanks, Judy, for inspiring us to get these UFOs out of the way! Check out the other projects over at Sunshine Quilts.

4 comments:

JudyCinNC said...

Wonderful start on your Christmas presents. Beautiful quilt. JudyCnNC

Jennifer said...

i love it! such a refreshing change to your usual christmas colors..

Gramsy said...

I'm working on UFOs too! Finished that little lap quilt I started last year from the nickel bundle you gave me and gave it to Geraldine for her 70th birthday! Also got the 30s quilt ready for you to quilt ... Now about to finish the table topper I started for Kaitlin last summer ... it feels good! Then I'm going to finish the spider web quilt and maybe actually make the Civil War reproduction I bought fabric for at Whittle's last year ...

Gramsy said...

P.S. How do you like my new photo??? :-)