Tuesday, January 05, 2010

First finish of 2010 !

For the last several days I have been working on my Carolina Christmas blocks. Very slow going! Ian came into my sewing room Sunday night and kept me company for nearly an hour. Just jabbering and poking around the general mess of the room. At some point he comes across some yardage that we had bought over a year ago to make a blanket for him. Footballs and soccer balls. Ian decided he had waited long enough for this quilt - it must be made NOW! I finally made a deal with him - I would work on the quilt for him as long as he was working on cleaning his bedroom. If he quit - I quit! Monday morning he was ready to get busy at about 8 a.m.! Unfortunately his room only took about an hour to get to a livable state - where as the quilt took slightly longer! It about killed him last night when I told him that I would not be able to get the binding put on until today. Tonight he started buttering me up with tons of kisses - yes - I caved and got back to work! He stood right beside me the entire time I was making the binding and sewing it on. He finally got tired of standing and pulled up a chair. He cracks me up! He was very happy that he was going to get to cuddle up under his new quilt tonight. What more could a mama ask for than such great appreciation! He couldn't resist giving me a cheesy grin for the first picture. What a sweet face!




2 comments:

Nines said...

What a good Mama.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I love quilts that are so appreciated. This one definitely is, and probably will be for a long time to come.