Friday, June 01, 2012

The 11th Hour

At about 4 p.m. yesterday (May 31st) I decided I really wanted to finish my assigned UFO for May.   It should have been a simple thing to have done earlier - all this UFO needed was to be quilted.  So yesterday afternoon I dug out the top and the backing and got to work.  When it came time to pin it on to the quilting machine, my daughter was amazingly helpful and was willing for me to show her how to help me pin it on.  It goes so much quicker when two people are pinning.   

I got another boost in finishing it because hubby was late in coming home - extra time to work on it!  I finished the last three passes before going to bed last night.  All that is left to do is the binding - my (least) favorite part.  I'll post a full picture when the binding is done.

June's UFO is working on the string blocks for another spiderweb quilt.  There is no way this one will get finished this month but hopefully some progress can be made!

Thanks again, Judy, for inspiring us to finish up these old UFO's.

3 comments:

Diane Kelsey said...

Lovely colours, in your quilt, so fresh looking.

Kathy said...

Very nice! Some of my favorite colors... yay for a finish!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

yay!! It looks great. I love when I find extra time!! Good for you.