Monday, June 01, 2009

Things I have forgotten!

Last week when I started working on the Strip Twist QOV (see the post below), I started wondering where this other quilt went. This is the Star Struck quilt I made in Bonnie's workshop back in October. I couldn't remember finishing it and I couldn't figure out what had become of it. It is so sad to get old! On Thursday as I was trimming the other quilt, it finally came back to me - I had given this quilt to my cousin, who was just getting back from a tour of duty in Iraq. Looking back through the blog, I never even posted about it! Here it is finished. I love this pattern and I may have to make another one.


Friday I quilted this top and got it bound. Saturday was a quilting day for our local guild to work on charity quilts. I dropped this quilt off to the coordinator, along with blocks to make a green and yellow version of it. Two UFO's out the door and gone to a good cause.


Plans for this week? I have had a pile of quilted quilts sitting in the closet, just waiting for the binding. Waiting, waiting, waiting! We are going to a dear friend's wedding on Saturday and I am hoping to get one of these quilts finished for her. There is also another quilt in there that was meant to be a graduation gift for one her bridesmaids - so maybe that one will get done too! Usually I don't give quilts as wedding or graduation gifts, but these two particular girls have a special place in my heart! Definitely don't need to start any new traditions! I am already over run with making baby quilts!

What are your plans for the week?

1 comment:

bingo~bonnie said...

that RWB Start struck you made is striking!!! Beautiful!!! Lucky you to get to meet THE Bonnie! ;)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie