Saturday, December 24, 2011

2011 Wrap up

Here are a few quilts from this year that I never shared!

This one of three identical table runners that I made this Christmas. One for my mom, one for my sister, and mine is still at home in pieces!! But the important thing is that I got theirs finished in time.




This was a scrappy log cabin quilt - the kind where you sew on a strip and whack off the extra! It turned out so bright and cheerful. I used it on our Christmas presents table last week.


This quilt is currently residing on my bed and I love it. It came together very quickly. Someone shared a smaller version at our guild show and tell the day before my birthday. The next day, me and my friends had our own shop hop and I bought all the fabric. Over the next month, I pieced the top. When I went to visit Nina in July, I took the top with me and she helped me quilt it on her long-arm. The quilt was slightly too big to fit on my machine. I love all the shades of blue!



My mother-in-law mailed me Arkansas fabric and asked that I make something for a charity auction. I ended up making this wall hanging/baby quilt and a lap quilt. They ended up bringing $400 in the auction!


This (and its twin) were made from the leftovers of my Christmas tree quilt. I made one for my mom and one for my sister. I ended up buying border fabric for both quilts. I really love this pattern - probably because I am obsessed with flying geese! Mom has hers hanging in her living room!



I hope everyone has a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

1 comment:

Teri said...

Is this from the Snibbles book? I want to do this pattern too.