Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The Quilt Nina mentioned

Here is my very first quilt, the one Nina mentioned in her latest post. What Nina did not mentioned was that the other lady who was one of the "teachers" in our little quilt class wanted me to go out and buy all new yellow and blue fabric, because the first strips I cut were not perfectly straight. Nina said no, we can make them work. Nina is the queen of easing things together! Me and Nina were almost ready to pull our hair out trying to figure out the triangles in the border. What a pain!

I want you all to know that I feel just as lucky to have Nina for a friend as she thinks she is to have me. This mutual admiration society is so much fun! Now if we could just move Indiana a lot closer to Alabama we would be all set!

7 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I love the triangle inner border! I'm glad the 2 of you stuck with it to figure it out because it is perfect floating in the yellow border!

Nines said...

It's even prettier than I remembered! Your mom's handquilting certainly brings out the best in it! See? I completely forgot about the other instructor's advice- I like to block out all unpleasantness.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Go buy new fabric??? I don't think so. Sounds like the "teacher" owned a quilt shop or just has way too much quilt police attitude.
It turned out really well and good for you for sticking with it.

Quiltgranny said...

Such a soft looking quilt! I love the colors, and I hope you two taught the teacher a thing or two!

Holly said...

Very pretty :) I love blue and yellow together.

Darcie said...

So pretty, Sarah...and Nines...and Mom! I certainly learned a lot in that one quilt, didn't you...not only piecing...but true friendship. Glad you shared that with us...coaxing or not!

Darcie said...

I probably either meant to say that "I bet you learned..." OR "You certainly learned...." UGH I should just let my kids go online now...my brain is foggy.

;-)