Friday, December 30, 2005

Adding to Nina's stash (and a little for me too!)

Today is "Share pictures of what I bought on our trip" day! Aren't you excited? I know Nina is!


This lovely purple print looks batiky but isn't really. ($2/yard) - for Nina.

This fabric is really kind of a periwinkle color. I loved the bands of flowers going through it. ($2/yd) for me.
I know, I know - it's blue! But aren't the fish wild? $1/yard. for me!


It's batik - its wild - its for Nines! $1/yard.

Its orange! Guess who its for! Nines! The dark spots are kind of purple and there is a leaf print all over it.
This purple with butterflies is for Bekah and Eva, in hopes that their mama will make them some cute summer dresses! There is about 5 yards of it. $1/yard!
And last but not least, another batik. It has the same leaf print all over it. The color ranges from dark, dark green to purple to some yellow spots. Again, $1/yard.

All in all, I got 18 yards of fabric for $24. That's $1.33 a yard. Not too bad! Hobby Lobby gets quilt store quality fabric because they are not a "chain". I guess all the stores are owned by one family - they are not franchised out? Anyway, they have nice fabric and when they put it on clearance, you can't beat their prices!

Today , I am going to try and get the christmas tree un-decorated and put everything away. We aren't sure what you are suppose to do with your tree. Do the trashmen come and take them away?

Hope everyone is getting some quilting time in!

6 comments:

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

great finds!! I love those bargains!

Bonnie

Anonymous said...

lovely fabrics and great bargains! I sometimes wish I lived in America - our fabric is so expensive, even on special LOL.

Granny said...

It's a good thing I didn't see this post earlier or I'd have been headed to Hobby Lobby . . forgetting that I am not supposed to buy fabric. What a find!! Love the top purple one.

The trash man here will take the trees.

Happy New Year!

Judy

Finn said...

Great bargains Sarah..I'm sure Nina will love the orange..*VBS*

Tonya Ricucci said...

Wow, don't think I've ever seen batiks priced that low. You and Nina have some fun sewing to do now.

Darcie said...

OOOh! Your fab purchases are to die for, Sarah! And the prices...how could you not, right? I can't wait to see what you and Nines come up with.

I can't say for certain, but I think our *local* HL (at a mere 150+ miles away) ;-) went out of fabric. Drat!