Saturday, May 03, 2008

Working, working, working....

The girl who commissioned this quilt is moving home to Birmingham next Friday - and I would really love to be done with (a.k.a - rid of) this by then. I am tired of it hanging over me. Maybe that's why I make so many baby quilts - because I lose interest by the time I am almost done with a big quilt. Anyway... I made myself work on quilting it yesterday - for a total of about 5 hours. Until I came to a point where I had a HUGE amount of fullness - just on one side. So in the midst of freaking out, I call Nina and beg her to tele-transport herself down to my house and help me. I even said "PLEASE" several times. Still a no-go.


Can you see all that fullness? And that is after I quilted it! The next row is just as bad. All I can figure out is that the pieced blocks are stretching. Only one, maybe two, more passes to go. And then I can move on to my favorite part, binding this monster. Can you hear the sarcasm in my voice? Good.



You can tell by the amount of batting hanging off the bottom that I am almost done. Unless I made a huge mistake measuring the batting....which is entirely possible! Anyone want to come help put the binding on?

UPDATE: 9:45 pm - it id DONE!!! Unpinned and waiting to be trimmed and bound.

4 comments:

Lindah said...

Sarah, I can so empathize with you. Last week I finished a kingsizer--but I don't have the stamina to quilt for 5 hours a day, so it took awhile. And there was lots of fullness in places. YIkes! And the quilting pattern that the owner chose was not really close enough to easily work it in. Yes, I'm glad it is done. :-) Owner was happy! Your owner will be happy, too.

Darcie said...

Fullness is only fun when chocolate is involved. ;-) I'm glad for you that you've persevered...and you are DONE!!! DONE is almost as good as chocolate! ;-)

Nines said...

Yeah! I think it looks fine. I wonder if you baste stitch it all around the top before you put it on the frame if that would keep it from stretching- since there were no borders. Now get that binding on and get it out of your house! you'll feel so much better!

ForestJane said...

So did you have to take a tuck in it? or just try to squinch it all in unnoticeably?