Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I Will Survive!

Can't you just hear Gloria Gaynor singing that now? If you need a chuckle, go watch this video on YouTube.

Nines will be glad to know that I did indeed survive my day of getting the binding done on this huge quilt. It is gone - out of my home - out of my life. I got the binding done around 2 p.m. Took a very short nap and then put the label on it and took it to Jessica.

Thankfully she loved it. The only direction she had really given me was that she wanted it to be pink and brown. I was worried she wouldn't like the pattern I decided on.

Here is a picture of the finished product. It was so big I couldn't get a picture of the entire thing!

I am hoping to be able to finish the blue and brown baby quilt by Sunday. Nicole's baby shower is a week from Saturday, but we will be in Boston. So I am hoping to get done by Sunday in order to give it to her for Mother's Day!

7 comments:

Nines said...

Woot!!!! Way to go!!! I am so proud of you! Now to get that baby quilt done... When does it ever end????? I guess we wouldn't have it any other way! Love you!

jacquie said...

You did survive and it's FAB u LOUS!

Carol E. said...

That is a GORGEOUS quilt! I can see why you were procrastinating on that binding. It's a big one! Congrats on getting it all done. Wowowowowow!

Elsie Montgomery said...

First visit here, and what a nice post. Your pink and brown quilt will be loved and enjoyed, I'm sure.

I had a queen-size to bind for my mother-in-law last week, and since we were delivering it on Friday, I put the binding on my machine (Cynthia England's method). It looks fine, but I did feel a bit guilty for taking the easy way out. Congratulations that you did it by hand. It is really nice!

Three Birds Inspired said...

I am a huge fan of pink and this is one of the prettiest quilts I have ever seen. Great job!!

Lori in South Dakota said...

Love the pink and brown quilt. I was stumped on the pattern and searched your block--do you know how many things you have talked about that were "pink and brown"?? LOLOLOL!!!And then I found it was based on Bonnie's Pineapple Blossom! Oh Good!!

Beertje Zonn said...

This is also a beautiful quilt!
Kind regards,

Sonnja & Beertje Zonn
from the Netherlands