Wednesday, May 21, 2008

May goal #2 - check!

Yeah! Goal number 2 is done! Just gotta slap the label on the back this afternoon and I can give Nicole the quilt tonight at bible class. I love how it turned out.
So I have got one week left to accomplish goal #3 - curtains for Ella's room. Ella is the baby I made this quilt for back in January. Her mama and I went shopping for the fabric several weeks before she was born - so yes, I am a little slow. Hopefully Ella has not yet noticed that her nursery has no curtains.
Once I get the curtains done I need to move on to the birthday challenge. I think I have already changed my mind about what I want I to do. By the time I get around to actually making it, maybe my mind will be changed back!
Only three days of school left! Our summer already seems to short with all we have planned. My sister's answer to this complaint would be "Home schooling!" - but since she refuses to offer a distance learning program, we will have to learn to accept our overly short summer. We are starting our summer off with a trip to Panama City Beach where hubby is participating in a mini triathlon. The kids are worried that he will have no energy to haul himself down to the beach afterwards! I am looking forward to some (read that as LOTS!) of fresh gulf shrimp. My favorite!
What are your plans for the summer?

4 comments:

jacquie said...

Beautiful Sarah! Love this! I know you'll enjoy your trip, especially the shrimp. Ooooh, fresh seafood. YUM!

Melanie said...

Haven't had time to post.... but couldn't let this quilt go by without a comment... Stunning!! love your fabric choices. Great points...

Beertje Zonn said...

What a beautiful Quilt!
Kind regards,

Sonnja & Beertje Zonn
from the Netherlands

Nines said...

Kewl! Hope to see you in July!