Friday, April 25, 2008

Friday's sewing time


Well, I finally got enough pieced blocks done and got the rows put together. Getting the rows sewn together is like a wrestling match. I remember why I like small quilts - not so much fabric to wrestle through the sewing machine. Now I need to go make my bed so I can lay the top out on it and see if it is big enough or if I need to add a border. Hopefully it will be big enough!
We are attending a going-away party tomorrow for the girl that commissioned me to make her this quilt. I had brief thoughts earlier this week of trying to finish the quilt in time for the party, but quickly realized I had lost touch with reality! Probably somewhere around the time that I found out I needed to make 7 more of the pineapple blossom blocks! Actually I think I could probably get the thing quilted by tomorrow but then getting the binding on would be a whole 'nother matter!
I also need to get back to the blue and brown baby quilt. Her shower is going to be on May 17th. I will be out of town (in Boston!) but I would like to be able to give it to her on the following Sunday when I see her.
What are you all up to?

4 comments:

Nines said...

oops! left comment on previous post! Got to wandering... imagine that! No biggy having to piece things- that's a quilt, right?

jacquie said...

This is looking fabulous. Just beautiful! It's nice to know I'm not the only one who makes my bed so that I can work with my quilts on it.

Carol E. said...

That's a beautiful quilt! I'm up to my usual: sewing and ignoring the housework that is calling to me.

Ahava Hopps Brooke said...

wow. really love the pink and brown quilt.