Saturday, April 12, 2008

April Showers

How am I supposed to get any sewing done when my work area looks like this? I kept telling myself I was going to clean it up today, but every time I went in there I just wanted to sew for a few minutes instead. So today I got my 150 4-patches done for Bonnie's Orange Crush mystery quilt. That took a lot longer than I thought it would. Since I had left-over pink and brown 2.5 inch strips scattered everywhere on my table, that's what I used. I cut then down to 2 inches. I need to sit down and re-read her fabric directions and figure out what else to use.


The left-over strips were from this quilt that I have been hired to make by a girl at church. The log cabin squares are actually going to Bonnie's pineapple blossom blocks. And the blue strips should be brown - but I am lazy.

Here are a few of the pineapple blocks to show you the colors I am using. All the pineapple blocks are pieced already - so now I just have to put everything together. I am hoping to have it done by the end of May - so I can have some spending money for mine and Nine's annual birthday get-together. We are supposed to meet up in Tennessee again this year. I can't wait to see her!



5 comments:

jacquie said...

Now, that work area looks very familiar...mine get's out of control so quickly! Wow, 150 4 patches...that's a lot of sewing! Pretty darn productive!

Shelina said...

That is a beautiful block - it is going to make a great quilt. Your work area is neater than mine.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Hi there~
Found your blog thru a friend. Love your pink/brown blocks! We both had the same inspiration~ Bonnies Pineapple Blossom blocks... http://crazyboutquilts.blogspot.com/2008/01/whoohoo-i-sewed.html These are mine. ;-)
Happy stitching!

Carol E. said...

My sewing area is worse than that. It got so messy that I had to move my machine out to the dining room table which has now become the newest messy spot. *sigh* I love the quilt hanging above your sewing area.

Anonymous said...

I love your pink/brown colourway for Orange Crush!