Thursday, April 03, 2008

Another reason I love Nina!


I knew there was a reason I love Nina so much, a reason she is my quilting hero. It is because she points out the obvious things to make a quilt better. You will notice that I went back and flipped the four-patches to make the blue into a strong diagonal line. Her idea. All hers. So brilliant! I like it SO much better now. I wondered how I had missed this in the first place but I went back and looked at the original pattern and they do not have a strong diagonal color in their block either. The pattern is from the June 2008 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting. It is called the Big Block Beauty - because the block ends up measuring 18 inches.
Anyway - I just wanted to thank my dearest Nines for her very helpful suggestion. How would I survive without you? I tried to call to tell you thanks but of course someone was on the phone line!

8 comments:

jacquie said...

Nines has got a great eye. This does look better. I want to be like her!!!

(*ΓΌ*) said...

the first version was great already, but now they 4p's are turned around it looks even better! this is going to be a great babyquilt

Carolyn said...

Wow, I'm amazed at the difference it makes! Great job!

Nines said...

I'm here to help! I'm glad you liked the idea of changing it- glad it turned out so well! Love you, too! aren't you ambitious to change it already? I helped Donna make a quilt in the past couple days- all I did was cut and iron. It was a block of the month from Hancock Fabrics. I think I will quilt it, tomorrow. She did a great job.

Sonja said...

Wow! I looked good before, but now it's really great! Yay! I love it when stuff comes together like that.

Shelina said...

Both of them look beautiful, but you and Nines are right, this will create a nice secondary design.

Ahava Hopps Brooke said...

Neat outcome! Love this block this way. Thanks for sharing both pictures. It makes for a nice study.

atet said...

I actually like both versions -- but, I have to agree that the blue creating that diagonal gives a wonderful punch! Isn't it great to have a good quilting buddy who can give you some feedback?!?