Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Mom's quilt of valor

Here is what I have been working on today. This is a quilt my mom made for a friend of the family's close friend who was injured while fighting in Iraq a few months ago. Jeremy has already been through several surgeries and faces several more. Jeremy is a friend of our friend Jim who I have made a quilt for. Jim goes back to Iraq in September and I hope to get him his quilt before then.

I just did a big loopy-loop with stars in strategic places. I think it turned out nicely.








5 comments:

quiltpixie said...

Its a beautiful quilt bound to provide sheer and comfort for many who see it as well. :-)

ForestJane said...

Really nice quilting there! The loops and stars pattern is ideal for the red/white/blue fabric.

Nines said...

Good job Sarah! and congrats on getting some quilting in- wish I could say the same.

Elizabeth said...

That's OUR quilt of valor -- not mine! Thank you for quilting it --

love, mom

Lynn Dykstra said...

Beautiful.
Lynn