Friday, July 21, 2006

A lovely Friday despite the nasty heat



It is a small comfort to know that it seems to be the whole country is sweltering together in this nasty heat wave. It was in the high 90's today with the usual oppressive humidity. When does fall start again?

This afternoon we piled the kids into the car and drove to Montgomery to hit four more furniture stores. We were still wavering on whether we wanted a leather sofa (mucho dinero but very cool!) or some sort of reasonably priced upholstered sofa. At the fourth store we both agreed that we could live with fabric sofa we found. Only $500! Not too bad. It looks kind of olive green under the store's very dim fluorescent lights but when I took a pillow outside it looked more brown. So I guess I will have to be surprised when I see what color it looks like in my living room. I get ALOT of natural light so I am hoping it looks more brown. Now we still have to find an entertainment armoire for the TV junk. It needs to be at least 6 feet tall because our living room ceiling are 12 foot and it would be going against a huge empty wall.

When we got back home we found the Nintendo Gamecube my DH had ordered "for the kids" waiting on the front porch. Guess who has been playing the most? That's right, the DH! We have ordered some more kid friendly games off of e-bay and half.com that should be arriving soon.

While the rest of family was huddled around the gamecube, I went and sewed on the binding to the yellow baby quilt. It looks so cute! Nice and neutral! Now to get the label done. And the hooded towel. And the flannel blankie. Can you tell I want to spoil this child before it even arrives?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two color quilts are amazing. Great job on this one!

quiltpixie said...

glad you were both able to find a sofa at a good price you could agree on. It'll be interesting to see its colour, though it may "change " throughout the day which wouldn't be so bad either! Good luck with the TV stand -- hope the gamecube will fit in it well :-)

Nines said...

Tell Ian, "See? Now he has his own brain musher and he doesn't need my X-box!" I really love this quilt, Sarah. Very old-fashioned and yes, gender neutral. Love ya! Nina

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful! It reminds me of one I made for one of the babies, but I'm not sure which one....

Nines said...

testing, testing, this is only a test.

Nines said...

It worked!

Shelina said...

This is a beautiful quilt. Now that your family is mesmerized with their new toy and sitting on their comfortable new couch, I imagine that you will have lots of time on your hands to make even more quilts!

Darcie said...

I really don't know if boys ever grow up. do they?! ;-) I always here "But...the kids will love it!" Mm-hmm.

Your quilt looks adorable. And love your Amish-inspired blocks down in a previous post! Very nice use of those wonderful hand dyeds!

Catherine said...

I love the baby quilt. This is another pattern that I have been wanted to try.. thanks for sharing.