Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Wednesday afternoon


This afternoon I felt inspired to try and stitch-in-the-ditch with my regular sewing machine. At first I was going to use my walking foot on my newer singer but for the fun of it, I tried the Featherweight (no walking foot). It worked just fine. I had safety pinned it to death and it is mostly straight lines. I had it done in about half a hour. This piece is made from the leftovers of the leftovers from my lime green quilt. This one measures about 12 inches by 15 inches.

I forgot to tell you all that I had binding fever the other day and got the binding on the wonky houses quilt and my niece's pink quilt. Even got the labels put on! Now I need to get the borders on my cousin's baby quilt so I can get it done before the baby arrives in June. And then there is always the challenge quilt I am supposed to have done before I meet up with Nina in mid-June. As the person who came up with the rules, I am blatantly ignoring some of the rules! Mostly the one that says I have to "Feature" the fabrics she gave me. Not sure how to use two of them! She may be shocked when she sees this quilt!

Well, it is time to go get ready for bible class. Ian is in the shower and they are both singing at the top of their lungs. Ian has discovered that he loves to take a shower (versus taking a bath). Yesterday he took two showers and one bath. He was one very clean 4 year old. A week from today my baby boy turns 5! How did he get that big?

5 comments:

KC Quilter said...

Ooooh, yummy colors in your "lime green leftovers" quilt! Like that tilty look too!

Quiltgranny said...

I've found that with small pieces, my featherweight will quilt fine. It's when there are lots of seams and lots of pieces that a walking foot is better. Your little quilt looks great!

ForestJane said...

That turned out cute!

My mom has been asking for pieces that size for hot-pads. Whenever she has company over for dinner, she usually puts her different dishes out on the counter and lets people serve themselves buffet style. But she hates having an old dish towel or grubby pot-holder under her nice casserole dishes.

I've been thinking of making her some in colors to match her kitchen, and using chunks from an old towel instead of batting, to make it extra thick. Think that'd work?

Lois R. said...

Ooo! Pretty! I love those greens and blues -- the "liberated log cabin" look is beautiful with these fabrics.

Miriam said...

love those colors - i just painted my girls' rooms blue and green like that! what will you do with the quilt?