Sunday, January 03, 2010

Overwhelming!

I hope everyone out there in blogland had a wonderful holiday season. We were so happy to get to stay home this year. Usually we are either going to my parents or to the in-laws. This year, the in-laws came here for Thanksgiving and my parents came for Christmas. This means that a much greater percentage of my time was able to be spent in pajamas! The kids still have a few more days until they go back to school so I am sure the laziness will continue.

I got to spend most of New Year's Eve and New Year's Day sewing. I have been admiring Bonnie's Carolina Christmas since she posted the picture of her completed top. I really didn't want to start another project when there are so many unfinished things sitting around here anyway! But the Christmas fabrics were already out .... yes, I caved. I completed step one and was working on step two when I got the itch to see one of the finished blocks. They are huge.... and beautiful... and each one has 88 pieces in it! UGH! I have decided to make a lap sized version - which could also be used as a table topper. Since I have most of the green 4" blocks already pieced, I will probably use the extras in a border.



What are you working on right now?


No comments: