Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A productive and fun Wednesday

This morning my new quilting friend, Linda, came over and we quilted her quilt top made from Cindy's stash. (Remember I made that orange and blue pineapple quilt out of Cindy's stash fabric ?) Linda was amazed at how quickly we got a lap sized quilt done. We just did a big meander so it took longer to advance the quilt than it did to quilt it! We got done just in time to go to our guild's birthday group's monthly lunch. It was right around the corner from me but we still managed to be late! After a lovely lunch, I came back and took a short nap before the kids got home.

Then this afternoon while doing all the spelling homework, I got the blocks for the star baby quilt sewn together. Those little squares in the diagonal lines are ONE inch big. I am still debating on what kind of border it needs.


So what have you been up to today?

4 comments:

Betty J in OKC said...

I *LOVE* what you did to your quilt!!!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I picked up this magazine because I loved this quilt. Your variation on it is FANTASTIC! Love it!

YankeeQuilter said...

Love the colors in this quilt!

jacquie said...

i adore this...it's like a little candy color explosion! so totally cute!!!