Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Show and Tell

Since I haven't gotten the chance to sew anything of my own lately, I thought I would share a couple of quilts that my mom made. She sent them to me to quilt. The first one is a baby quilt for a family she goes to church with. They are expecting a baby boy sometime soon!

This second one was supposed to be one of the "heirloom" quilts my mom is making for all of the grandkids. Remember this other "heirloom" quilt she made and then didn't like and then did like again? Well, she got this one together and didn't like it enough to hand quilt it so she sent it home with me. I got it on the machine last night and quilted it this morning. Can you see the cute 30's fabrics? I think it turned out really cute!



The kids go back to school in less than two weeks! I will miss them but I can't wait to get some things done. I am already making a mental list in my head. Tomorrow we are running up to Tennessee for a few days to see the grandparents and the cousins! Me and mom are hoping to get a little sewing time in. I am hoping she will help me work on a million half-square triangles I need to make for some matching baby quilts. Twin girls are due in November (will probably be delivered in mid-October)! I am doing two quilts using the same pattern (same as this quilt) and the same primary fabric. One quilt will have a soft pink as the other fabric and the second quilt will have a cream fabric. The main fabric is a cool pink paisley fabric. Anyway - as you can see there are LOTS of half-square triangles. I think Mom needs to help!


4 comments:

Melanie said...

Totally in love with this 2nd wuilt-- love the color scheme and pattern--- Does it have a name or a pattern source? I sure would appreciate it....

Andrea said...

I like the first quilt, second one too. When I saw the 2nd one the first thought that popped into my mind is broken dishes, but I have no clue if that is even right!

Helen said...

The second quilt is very pretty. Is it the 'Jewel Box' or 'Road to California' pattern? I was just catching up on your blog. I like the hand dyed fabric your did recently. Lovely colours.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It is a beautiful quilt - an heirloom for sure.