Saturday, January 19, 2008

How did it get to be January 19th?

I know, I know. One day at a time. Christmas and New Year's have come and gone. We survived our whirlwind tour to Little Rock and Nashville. I got lots of baby loves from my new 6 week old nephew, Brady, and my 16 month old niece, Audrey Joy. Also got lots of big boy loves from my 2.5 year old nephew, Joey. Lots of fun and way too much food was had by all. Everyone loved their hand-made goodies. My MIL had the nerve to tell that I shouldn't have given my SILs the table runners that I made because it surely made them feel bad because they had nothing to give me! Ah yes, Christmas joy all around. I am sure that my SILs did not feel this way.

Anyway - on to this new year's sewing projects. This week I finished up the top for my neighbor's baby quilt. I think it turned out cute.

I also got the top put together for the next baby that is due to a couple from church. The colors are pink and brown - but I couldn't get the lighting adjusted right. Use you imagination!

Tonight I started on a third baby quilt. It is going to be a YBR and the bedding I am trying to coordinate with kind of has a shabby chic look to it. Here are the fabrics to give you an idea.

The kids have school off on Monday for MLK day - so I am hoping to get the first two tops quilted. Baby #1 could be here any day and the shower for #2 is next Saturday!

I will leave you with a picture of my kids playing in the front yard today. Mind you we live about 3 to 4 hours from the Gulf of Mexico. Winter fun in southern Alabama!

1 comment:

atet said...

The mothers to be are going to love those quilts. And the shabby chic fabrics look lovely!