Monday, February 05, 2007

Some thoughts on strep throat and V-Day lovies

Last week both of my kids came down with strep throat. We got them started on anti-biotics on Monday. So by Friday I thought I was safe - but no. My throat started hurting and Saturday I got to start on medicine too! After spending the entire weekend in bed, my throat is feeling better but I would still like to sleep all day!

Last Friday, before the strep hit, I made this little thing (the one on the right) for my niece for Valentine's day. It is about 6 inches by 7 inches. It is my hand dyed fabrics, fused together and then fused onto some batting. I did a little stitch in the ditch on my feather weight. Then I sewed the front to the back (right sides together) and flipped it around. Then to close that last seam I stitched around the entire edge, about an eighth of an inch in from the edge. DD like it so much that she wanted on too - so her's is the one on the left. The picture should be clickable for a better view.


I am hoping tomorrow to get to work some more on the flying geese quilt. I really like Judy's February quilt but I think I am going to hold off on it for a while. What are you all up to?


8 comments:

quiltpixie said...

great little quilts... perfect as coasters or locker decorations :-)

Darcie said...

So sorry about the strep, Sarah! Rats! Get lots of rest.

LOVE your Valentine's! Your hand dyeds look delicious!

Unknown said...

Those are so cute! I love the orangey red on the one on the left.

Sorry everyone's been sick . . hope you're feeling much better today.

mereth said...

What lovely little 'things', I really like the colours.The flying geese blocks will be great too- I have a tub of my hand-dyes that look just like yours, but I haven't managed to cut them up yet.

comicbooklady said...

Those are so sweet! and the colours so vibrant!

Shelina said...

These are both adorable! I want to make one now! Thanks for the instructions.

Shelina said...

Strep throat is just no fun. Hope you feel better soon.

Quilts And Pieces said...

oooo - I like the right one!