Judy, over at Sunshine Quilts, has once again challenged us to list our top 12 UFOs that we would like to finish in 2012. I didn't join in last year, but I know there are way too many half-finished projects sitting around here that need to be finished - so here goes.
1. Christmas quilt - this was a class that I taught at the local sewing center. The owner decided very late in the season that she wanted me to teach this so there was no time to make a class sample - I was making the quilt right along with everyone in the class.
This one needs the final borders and then to be quilted.
2. 2011 guild mystery quilt - this one just needs quilting
3. Birthday group blocks - These blocks were made by my very sweet guild birthday group. I need to put the blocks together and then quilt it. These blocks are huge - about 18 inches!
4. Soul Blossoms quilt - Hmmm.... this might be a challenging month. I splurged last Christmas and bought a Soul Blossoms fat quarter tower with a gift certificate a friend gave me. I thought I had decided on the pattern. When I started sewing, I discovered that not only were the directions very confusing, but it was a pattern where you needed to decide on the layout of the fabrics as you go. The alternating blocks had a piece of fabric that needed to match the four blocks it was touching. Way too confusing for me right now. So I have decided on a different pattern. Thankfully - I had not cut all the pieces!
This one needs everything - blocks pieced, top put together, and then quilted. Maybe too much to hope for in one month!
5. Kids' Kloset block of the month - Depending on when this number gets pulled, this one will keep me busy too. This BOM finishes in March - so I have 7 of the 12 blocks done. She has already given us the directions for the sashing strips and the outer borders so I could put what I have together.
This one needs the last five blocks, sashing strips pieced, top assembled, and then quilting!
6. Christmas table runner - this is the last of three identical Christmas table runners that I made. I have finished the first two - because they are gifts for family members. The third is for me. Sorry no pictures until after the big day!
This one needs about half of the blocks pieced, the top assembled, and then quilted.
7. Applique tree project - I started this on a over-night trip with a couple of friends this fall. The leaves are ironed on and about 1/3 of them are machine stitched down. Then it needs to be quilted.
8. The kids' pillowcases - I know this isn't technically a quilting project but the fabric has been sitting here for quite some time. My son reminded me the other day that he is STILL waiting on his soccer pillow case! I guess I need to get busy! These shouldn't take that long if I borrow my friend's serger.
9. Repeat of #4!
10. Repeat of # 5!
11. Denyse Schmidt fabric - This isn't a UFO yet - but the fabric has been sitting here staring at me for WAY too long. I have a lovely pile of the new Denyse Schmidt fabric from JoAnn's that I haven't cut into yet. I know what I want to do with it - Monkey Wrench blocks.
12. Spiderweb blocks - Does it count as a UFO if you have the paper cut for the foundation piecing? I also have the solid fabric for the stars. The spider webs are going to be scrappy so, of course, I have those ready!
Thanks, Judy, for inspiring us to get things finished!!