Monday, August 17, 2009

What happened to my free time?

The kids started back to school last Monday - which should have left me with more time on my hands - but I am still waiting for that to happen. Last Monday we also had to say goodbye to my husband's first full-time employee. She has been with us for over two years. She is now going on to grad school. She loved the quilt I made for her. Her grandmother is a quilter - but Cayce says her quilts look like "Grandmother" quilts. She loved this quilt because of "the cool fabrics".


After giving Cayce her quilt, I had to turn my attention to finishing the latest baby quilt. The shower was on Saturday. As usual, the mother loved it! There was also much talk about my new "one quilt" rule. Everyone said that they would just have to hire me to make their additional quilts. Not really what I was going for, but it might be an acceptable alternative. My mom said it might make them realize what a precious gift I have been giving out.


For the backing, I used the left over fabrics and cut it into 10.5" squares (Bonnie Hunter's suggestion!). I love the patchwork look on the back!


This week I am working on quilting my birthday quilt. I am a member of a birthday block lunch group in my guild. We meet once a month to celebrate someone's birthday and we each make them a block of their choice. My birthday celebration was in July. I love the variety of fabrics the ladies used in their blocks. The quilt is loaded on the machine and will hopefully get quilted tomorrow. I am hoping to have it finished by Thursday to take to the guild meeting for show and tell.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Both of these quilts are so beautiful!