Friday, June 27, 2008

Getting things done - a.k.a. avoidance

I made up my list of "things to get done in June" and posted it in my sidebar several weeks ago. I have been successful in finishing a few things that have been hanging over my head - quilting a top for a friend in Florida and making a baby quilt for a customer in Pennsylvania. Done - out of the way. The only thing still dangling over my head was the curtains I was hired to make. They are really very simple. Just a simple valance and a curtain behind it. No lining. I got started on the valance last week when the kids were gone, but did not get very far.

What have I been doing instead? Quilting all of my tops that have been sitting in a drawer waiting their turn. Avoidance? Yes. So far I have quilted: the Denyse Schmidt wall hanging ; the big block quilt ; the orphan block quilt ; and a green YBR quilt. Well, technically the orphan block quilt is not completely quilted. The tension somehow got all out of whack and I didn't realize what a big section was messed up until I rolled it up to quilt the next section. I was too frustrated to spend a couple hours picking out the mess, so I just took it off the machine. I will face it later....maybe.


What have you been up to?

No comments: